About Fitness Australia
Fitness Australia is the national health and fitness industry association and is committed to achieving a Fitter, Healthier Australia. Never before have Australians been more aware of the importance of a fit and healthy lifestyle. Fitness Australia recognises the important role of the fitness industry in improving the health of all Australians.
Our mission is to lead and represent the fitness industry in pursuit of a fitter, healthier nation.
Fitness Australia is a not-for-profit, member-based industry association representing the diverse interests of over 26,000 registered exercise professionals, fitness service providers and industry suppliers Australia-wide.
Registration with Fitness Australia demonstrates your commitment to enhancing industry standards and building the professional capacity of our industry.
The fitness industry is committed to helping Australians improve their health and fitness and experience a better quality of life.
Fitness Australia strives to support the fitness industry to deliver this commitment by being recognised for:
- A high standard of customer care, safety and service.
- The professionalism of the workforce and the quality of fitness facilities and businesses.
Fitness Australia seeks to achieve this recognition through its pursuit of the following strategic objectives:
- To enhance industry standards in order to improve service delivery, enhance reputation and build community confidence in fitness industry services;
- To enhance the quality of the fitness industry’s workforce through effective workforce planning and capacity building;
- To represent the interests of our members through advocacy on issues concerning the environment in which our members operate.