Fitness Australia's core business consists of these industry schemes and initiatives.
Business Registration Program
The Business Registration Scheme provides tailored benefits and services for fitness providers and industry suppliers. Numbering over 1,300 nationally, our registered businesses include club operators, personal training businesses, fitness studios and fitness suppliers.
Exercise Professional Registration Scheme
The Exercise Professional Registration Scheme sets an industry standard, encouraging best practice for the industry and its professionals. Fitness Australia registers in excess of 23,000 exercise professionals and has a strong interest in maintaining and improving standards across Australia for the benefit of the fitness industry. Fitness Australia registration is recognised as your 'licence to practise' as an exercise professional.
Continuing Education Scheme
The Continuing Education Scheme provides courses and programs for industry professionals and business owners. Education and training providers can apply to have an activity, course, program or workshop approved, as part of Fitness Australia's Continuing Education Scheme exercise professionals can obtain Continuing Education Credits (CECs).
Fitness Australia represents the industry at all levels such as Federal and State Government, the private sector and the public. Our other initiatives include:
- Board of Directors, leading the connection to the fitness industry
- Council of the Register of Exercise Professionals Australia
- Regional Industry Councils, formed to represent the broad constituency of the fitness industry across each State and Territory
- Operation M.U.S.I.C Taskforce, leading the fight against proposed increases to music copyright on behalf of the industry. Click here to view a current list of suppliers of Non-PPCA music.
- Fitness Industry Representation on the Federal Government's Preventative Health Taskforce.
- Operation S.T.E.P.S, working with Local Government for realistic outcomes on personal training in public spaces
Community Awareness and Education
- Fitness Australia is funded by the Australian Government's Healthy Communities Initiative to deliver Baker IDI Heart & Diabetes Institute's Lift for Life® Program to the community through the fitness industry.
- EXERCISE. Your Life Needs It! campaign, helping consumers make the right choice in fitness providers
- Speaking out about consumer rights to affordable outdoor personal training in public spaces
Industry Support and Development
- Continuing Education Credits (CECs), encourage education and professional development
- Australian Health & Fitness Industry Awards program, go to www.awards.fitness.org.au